Here are some cheap ramen noodle recipes that are healthy and delicious!
When you are trying to save money on your food budget, you can’t go wrong with ramen noodles. Ramen noodles are not only fun to eat, but they are also quite filling. Unfortunately, eating plain, packaged ramen day in and day out can get boring fast.
What’s good to add to ramen noodles?
- sesame seeds
- peanuts (or peanut butter)
- any and all veggies
Which ramen noodles are the healthiest?
If you are trying to eat a healthy diet, standard instant ramen noodles may not be for you! If it makes you feel any better, the majority of these ramen noodle recipes use other ingredients in place of the flavor packet (which is often loaded with sodium and MSG).
To make any instant ramen noodles healthier, you can:
- substitute the noodles for any other fresh/frozen Asian noodles
- add in a protein
- add fresh or frozen vegetables
- choose low sodium brands
Also, while choosing homemade ramen over packaged ramen will almost always be the healthiest option, healthy (prepackaged) ramen noodle options do exist. Here are a few of my favorites:
- One Culture Ramen– Contain no MSG, cholesterol, artificial flavors, or preservatives and only made with non-GMO ingredients
- Annie Chun’s Ramen Noodle Bowl– NON-GMO & Vegan; Shoyu broth with corn, carrots, and green onions
- Lotus Foods Millet and Brown Rice Ramen– Gluten-free
Does Dollar Tree sell ramen noodles?
Dollar Tree does sell ramen noodles, as well as many other cheap foods. Unfortunately, the ramen you find in the grocery section of the dollar store isn’t the healthiest.
The best way to buy cheap ramen noodles is to skip the single-portion cups and purchase in bulk whenever possible.
What is cheaper than ramen noodles?
Foods that are cheaper than ramen noodles (and often more filling) include:
- Canned soup
- Dried beans
Chicken & Pork Ramen Noodle Recipes
- Easy Chicken Ramen–Fox and Briar
- Ramen Noodle General Tso’s Chicken–The Cozy Cook
- Chicken Noodle Soup with Ramen-Delish
- Ramen Noodle Chicken Stir Fry With Peanut Sauce–The Cozy Cook
- Slow Cooker Ramen Noodles-Show Me The Yummy
- Thai Chicken Ramen–Cooking Classy
- One-Pot Teriyaki Ramen-Good Cook
- Skillet Chicken Ramen-Savory Bites Recipes
- Egg Roll Noodles-Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Slow Cooker Pork Shoulder Ramen-Tbsp
- Spicy Pork Ramen Noodle Soup-Kitchen Sanctuary
- Healthy Chicken Ramen Bowl–Simple Healthy Kitchen
Ready to save some serious cash? Get Ibotta, it’s FREE! Ibotta gives you cash-back on groceries, health & wellness products, pet supplies, and more! Click to learn more.
Beef Ramen Noodle Recipes
- Garlic Beef and Veggie Ramen-Cucina De Yung
- Beef and Broccoli Ramen-Chef Savvy
- Mongolian Beef Ramen Noodles–Jo Cooks
- Caramelized Shallot Beef Ramen–Half Baked Harvest
- Cheeseburger Ramen Casserole-Mr. Food
- Healthy Beef Ramen Stirfry-What’s in the Pan
Vegetarian Ramen Noodle Recipes
- Vegan Saucy Noodles–The Foodie Takes Flight
- Sesame Peanut Butter Noodles (Vegetarian)–The Wholesome Dish
- Shiitake Mushroom And Kale Ramen–Nutmeg Nanny
- Creamy & Spicy Miso Ramen-Couple Eats Food
- 5-Ingredient Ramen With An Egg-Sweet Phi
- 15-Minute Vegetable Ramen Stir Fry–The Rustic Willow
- Cheesy Ramen Bowls–Chocolate Covered Katie
- Simple Sesame Noodles–The Pioneer Woman
- Crunchy Asian Ramen Noodle Salad–Gimmie Some Oven
Shrimp Ramen Noodle Recipes
- Garlic Shrimp Ramen–Diethood
- Sriracha Shrimp Ramen–Baker By Nature
- Easy Shrimp Ramen Soup–Countryside Cravings
- Chili Lime Shrimp Ramen Soup-Modern Farmhouse Eats
- Spicy Shrimp Ramen Soup–My Gourmet Connection
What do you think of these yummy cheap and easy ramen noodle recipes? They make me look at ramen in a whole new light!